Thursday, December 16, 2010

Whoa....we're halfway there......



The Brisbane show is over!


It was possibly the best night of my life - from the backstage tour, to the touching (!), to our fantabulous seats - it was amazing.


We picked up our tickets and merchandise when the backstage tent opened at 2pm - ran into Debbie and Jo from the fan club and did a lot of excited chattering with them. Raced home and got back to Suncorp just before the backstage tour started. It was great to see the stadium all setup ready for the show, but empty.





Met up with our tour guides Kendra and Jon's brother Matt (they have the same white teeth) and I got in trouble with Matt for taking a photo while walking down the stairs. Something we had been told not to do six seconds earlier. Whoops. Then we got split up in to smaller groups and then we got to head in the backstage area - it was amazing - so much stuff in one little area. There were so many cables, and screens, and buttons and wires and holy crap it was hot in there. Then we got to go past Jon's quick change area - we weren't allowed in (bummer), but got to see it. Twas very exciting to think in a a few hours JBJ would be standing there sweaty and sans shirt :-)


Then a white light came down from the heavens (or it may have been a techie testing a spotlight) and shone upon.....Jon's white mike stand. Squeal! And yes I got to touch it where he touches it.





We also got to see all Jon's guitars - completely forgot about shaking his maracas though! Never mind, next time. And oh yes there will be a next time.





Then we got to go up on stage. It was so weird being up there and looking at the view they get. The stage is so tiny, there is just so much stuff packed into the area. We saw Tico's drums and David's keyboards and Richie thingy that goes "waw waw" and then got to walk out onto the circle part of the stage that goes into the crowd. That was freakin' awesome.




Then we headed downstairs and lordy be we got to have a photo taken with the guitar Richie uses to open the show with every night. I was terrified I was going to drop it - hence the terrified look on my face:





We also got to see all of Richie's other guitars (I think it was 34 in total) and Kendra gave us one of his picks to take home. Score.


Next up was a chat with Matt who answered any questions we had and then we headed off to dinner. Dinner was great - we ate where the crew were eating and the food was really good.


Next up.....showtime!


Our seats were freakin' amazing - 2nd row dead in front of Richie and close enough to the circle to make the dash when they walked on to it. The setlist was pretty much the same as Melbourne, but I really didn't care, just being that close up made the show awesome (plus any Jovi song is a good one.) Anyway they were about the 3rd song in and JBJ came and stood right in front of me, looked directly at me and SANG TO ME! I was so overwhelmed I forgot to get my camera out and I just stood there and looked like a nincompoop instead. The world slowed down and it felt like 5 minutes, but I'm sure it was only 5 seconds (best 5 seconds ever!). Then JBJ headed the other way and ran out onto the circle and started to come around - I vaulted over everyone (benefit of sitting on the side) and positioned myself ready for a hand slap. Unfortunately he finished the hand slaps and started to run off the circle, but then stopped right in front (above) me to sing something and do jazz hands. I thought "not missing out on this opportunity" so I put my hand through the bars, grabbed his leg mid calf and ended up with a vice like grip near his ankle. He finished singing, ran off (not in horror I hope) and I screamed. I screamed a whole lot.








After a while Jon and Richie moved to the circle to sing some songs (I'll be there for you - siiigggghhhh) and as they were going back to the main stage Richie was heading my way so I put up my hand and got a Sambora high five. He ran off (again not in horror I hope) and I screamed. A lot. Good grief - Joneee and Richie in the same night. I was a very happy camper.






Anyway the show was amazing and was another two and half hours of pure Jovi awesomeness. I can't wait to see what happens in Sydney. Saturday afternoon I am going to the Q&A with JBJ (how can you not say yes to an email with a subject of "ever wanted to be in a small room with Jon Bon Jovi?") Derr.






Next stop Sydney....two down....two to go!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog