Monday, December 13, 2010

Number 1 - Melbourne

So...the Melbourne show is done!

IT. WAS. AWESOME. I don't even need to add an exclamation mark to that statement, that's how good it was. Two and half hours of just Bon Jovi doing what they do best.

Anyway though rewind a few days back to the start - got to Melbourne and was picked up by Lady Chauffeur Lopez as I had booked my flight to the wrong airport - whoops! Apparently I don't understand the phrase "Don't book a flight to Avalon". It was Oprah mayhem everywhere as she was supposed to be appearing at Federation Square. It was rumoured that JBJ would also be appearing so some fans had been there since the wee hours of the morning - Oprah didn't show up until 4pm and even more unfortunately JBJ wasn't there at all. Lucky I didn't hijack the Lopez/Robinson Hyundai and demand to be driven there :-)

We had dinner at this place called Misty Diner - good gravy it was fabulous! All the food was amazing (and so very American!). Next day did some shopping in Melbourne (my fav shop Minotaur), spent an hour trying to explain to Cara that JBJ does not wear a wig and lurked around the place until it was time for me to be dropped off at my hotel. I'm pretty sure they were glad to see the back of me and my Jovi hysteria :-)

Hotel was great - used my fancy settings on my camera to take a panorama shot. Turned out fancy. Also showed me what a freakin' mess I can make of a hotel room in 10 minutes:



Had some food and then it was time to head for the stadium - was so happy to find that my hotel was pretty much across the road from the concourse to the stadium. Perfect!

Met up with some friends and we had a Jovi chat (the best kind) then went inside.....purchased a $5 bottle of water (bargain!) and headed to my seat. The show was starting at 8pm as it was being streamed live over the net. That means that someone in Japan, Scotland or even the North Pole may have heard my screaming. Lucky them.

My view was pretty good - I was right at the side of the stage, but very close. Had the most annoying person in the world in front of me for a while - she danced like she was at a hoedown (hands on hips and frantic bending at the waist from side to side)....it was very odd. I eventually had to step back and left some other person/sucker in front of me as she was about to whack me in the head. But it was hard to distract me from the main attraction:

Loved the show so much.....so many highlights. Took heaps of pictures - it's hard not to get so caught up in trying to get that perfect picture that you actually miss what is happening. A couple of times I had to force myself to put the camera down and just watch what going on in front of me.

Anyway, Brisbane tomorrow....one down....three to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog